Fantasy Football: WR Rankings (Week 7 Update)
Below are my WR rankings for the rest of the season. Rankings are based in a 1/2 PPR scoring system. You can also find my QB and RB rankings as well as last week’s WR rankings. Tomorrow I will post TE rankings but in the meantime you can find last week’s TE rankings here.
Last week’s ranking is in parenthesis.
1. (3) A.J. Green, CIN - He is completely unstoppable and I have no issues overtaking Calvin.
2. (3) Percy Harvin, MIN - Still putting up ridiculous numbers without getting receiving TDs.
3. (1) Calvin Johnson, DET - Something about the Lions offense seems off but Calvin has only one game with less than 90 receiving yards.
4. (4) Victor Cruz, NYG - This week’s 14 points almost are a disappointment for him.
5. (5) Roddy White, ATL - Continues to benefit from the Falcon’s offensive explosion this year.
6. (8) Wes Welker, NE - Since week 3 Welker’s lowest reception total is 8 (with 142 yards) and his lowest yardage total is 104 (with 13 receptions and a TD). I’d say he’s a safe play.
7. (6) Brandon Marshall, CHI - Bye
8. (7) Julio Jones, ATL - Last week can be chalked up to a bad day for the Falcons but we expect more out of Jones.
9. (9) Demarius Thomas, DEN - Big play potential and Peyton has looked his way often.
10. (10) Reggie Wayne, IND - Luck will have streaky days but Wayne is always going to be his first look.
11. (12) Larry Fitzgerald, ARI - Finding ways to get points in that shaky Arizona offense.
12. (13) Mike Wallace, PIT - 2nd best outing of the year this week and he should keep this type of production up.
13. (11) Hakeem Nicks, NYG - He hasn’t fully recovered yet but on that offense he’s bound to put up big numbers.
14. (14) Marques Colston, NO - Bye
15. (15) Andre Johnson, HOU - The Texans have vowed to get Andre more targets and they did last week but I’m not 100% convinced yet.
16. (19) Vincent Jackson, TB - Two TDs this week give Jackson at least 19 points in 3 of his 5 weeks.
17. (16) Dwayne Bowe, KC - Worst week of the year for Bowe but considering how he’s been doing this season there’s no cause for concern.
18. (21) Jordy Nelson, GB - Turns out Jordy doesn’t need Jennings in the lineup to be effective. Don’t expect 3 TDs every week though.
19. (17) Antonio Brown, PIT - Slow week but he’s still a top performer.
20. (22) Eric Decker, DEN - A big day for Decker who now has 4 straight weeks in double digit scoring.
21. (23) Brandon Lloyd, NE - Lloyd picked up his 4th 10+ week of the year and seems to be getting more comfortable in New England.
22. (18) Greg Jennings, GB - The injury is persistent and Rodgers is still spreading his targets around but a healthy Jennings will be the go to guy in Green Bay.
23. (20) Steve Smith, CAR - Bye
24. (24) Miles Austin, DAL - First game with less than 12 points. Don’t panic.
25. (26) DeSean Jackson, PHI - Very ho-hum so far.
26. (28) Dez Bryant, DAL - Big day for Dez which could have been even bigger if he didn’t drop that pass in the endzone.
27. (29) Anquan Boldin, BAL - Every time Flacco needs a big catch, it’s Boldin he goes to.
28. (27) Steve Johnson, BUF - Got back to double digits again this week. If he played anywhere else….
29. (25) Torrey Smith, BAL - Averaging under 4 catches per game makes him a boom or bust play every week.
30. (31) Jeremy Maclin, PHI - Best game of the year and his first remotely good game since week 1. Let’s see if he can do it again.
31. (34) Denarius Moore, OAK - Finally healthy and looking like the #1 option on the Raiders.
32. (33) James Jones, GB - He’s been fantastic but once Jennings comes back I imagine his production will decrease.
33. (43) Mike Williams, TB - Looks like I was wrong about Williams who puts up the numbers week after week.
34. (32) Malcolm Floyd, SD - No TDs since week 1 but he’s getting good yardage.
35. (38) Randall Cobb, GB - The Packers seem intent on getting Cobb the ball and with his speed, and role returning punts/kicks, he can put up a lot of points.
36. (39) Kenny Britt, TEN - Welcome back. Now to see if he can make it a regular thing.
37. (UR) Josh Gordon, CLE - Looks like he’s got breakout potential.
38. (UR) Kendell Wright, TEN - Consistently involved in the offense for good numbers,
39. (30) Michael Crabtree, SF - Average but not exciting.
40. (35) Lance Moore, NO - Bye
41. (36) Brian Hartline, MIA - No targets this week is concerning but hopefully he can bounce back.
42. (40) Andre Roberts, ARI - Last two weeks haven’t lived up to his early production.
43. (45) Sidney Rice, SEA - Not irrelevant yet.
44. (42) Donnie Avery, IND - Won’t be the first look but provides a good #2 for Luck.
45. (41) Brandon LaFell, CAR - Bye
46. (48) Devery Henderson, NO - Bye
47. (37) Pierre Garcon, WAS - If he ever gets over his injury he could be in for some real production.
48. (49) Mario Manningham, SF - Getting the touches, now time to do something with them
49. (50) Davone Bess, MIA - Got a lot of the targets that Hartline wasn’t getting.
50. (UR) Nate Burleson, DET - Been quietly having a pretty good season.